Time is money. You have talents and abilities that are valuable so don’t let time get away from you during the day! Time is the most precious commodity and you can’t get it back when it’s lost. So today I’d like to share you with some tips that I share in my upcoming book “Behind Her Brand.”
- Set a timer and work on a task for 90 minutes and do nothing else. This is great practice for staying focused.
- Keep a legal pad with you. Get everything you need down written down and cross off tasks as they get done.
- Think about your business goals and write them down. Your goals should be S.M.A.R.T. Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely.
- Pick your top 3 goals and work on those for the next 90 days. You know it’s a good goal if it will improve your business in some way, increase revenue and you want to do it!
- Once you have your 3 goals written down, break them down into action steps. Work on those steps on a daily basis to to your goal. Remember your goals need to require specific action in order for you to achieve them!
- Try this exercise: grab a piece of paper and make 3 columns. The first column you write “My Day” and list everything you do in a typical day from the time you wake up to the time you go to bed. Next to each task, write down how long it takes to accomplish that task. In the second column write “Things I’m Not Good At” or “Don’t Like Doing in My Business.” For me, this is usually something technology related! Now add up how long task takes you to complete it. For the third column write down “What I Love Doing.” I really enjoy planning menus, meeting with clients, marketing my company, etc.Then do the same thing, write down how long it takes you. This exercise should have given you a good idea of what tasks are actually helping grow your business, what you could pay others for and what is taking you too long to do that others could do faster.