I know many of you (if not all) are members of the USPCA and they recently emailed members about Small Business Saturday. I think it is such an important marketing event to take advantage of that I thought I’d repost their links to help make sure that you don’t let this chance for your culinary business to shine and gain more sales slip away!
Small Business Saturday is taking place on November, 28 and it encourages consumers to shop locally. In 2013, small businesses raked in $5.5 billion in revenue. I’d say based on the numbers, it’s worth it to get involved! You might even consider extending your hours and getting extra help the day of.
Here are some of the tools the USPCA suggested and I’ve added a few of my own:
- American Express has some excellent customizable materials for both digital and print campaigns. Click here to sign up through their website and download a toolkit.
- Check out these Small Business Saturday tips from Facebook.
- 10 Tips for a Successful Small Business Saturday & Beyond from SBDC
- We have a customizable press release for you to push out to your local news publications and websites.
- Canva (for making visually-appealing social media posts)
- How to Prepare for the Big Day
If you haven’t started thinking about Black Friday/Small Business Saturday start thinking of what you want to market and what kind of deals you want to have! What would most of your clients want a deal on? What would be most appealing to you? Now is the time to start creating materials and preparing everything to start promoting it first thing next week!